Ondangwa Water Supply Masterplan
The Ondangwa Town Council expressed the urgent need to upgrade their bulk water supply system to support their infrastructure development initiatives and to sustain future growth of the town. The Town Council further experienced a number of operational and maintenance challenges on the current water supply system and Lithon Project Consultants compiled a Water Master Plan to analyse and guide future upgrading of the system.
- The project scope included:
- data collection
- water infrastructure investigation
- water demand calculations for current and future developments, capacity assessment of the existing system
- model analysis
- formulation of development proposals to improve the future water supply situation.
- preparation of cost estimates
The Water Supply Master Plan (WMP) not only outlined the most feasible development strategies going forward, but will also specified practical steps to be implemented to correct and improve operational and maintenance deficiencies.